TFCC Annual Reports
IEEE Computer Society Technical Activities Board (TAB)
Rajkumar Buyya and Mark Baker
The IEEE Computer Society Task Force on Cluster Computing (TFCC) has been
in existence since early in February 1999 (approved in Dec. 1998). In its short life the
TFCC has started to have an impact on the cluster computing research and
development community in both academia and industry. Some evidence of this
can be seen by the numbers influential people willing to get involved in
the TFCC activities. Furthermore, the number of TFCC-based events and numbers
of willing volunteers prepared to promote our activities all provide ample
evidence that the TFCC is not only being successful, but also having an
impact on the community. We are pleased to present our annual reports
that highlights TFCC activities so far:
- TFCC 1st Annual Report - 1999,
IEEE CS TAB Meeting, Nov. 16-17, 2001, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- TFCC 2nd Annual Report - 2000,
IEEE CS TAB Meeting, Nov. 3-4, 2001, Dallas, Texas, USA.
- TFCC 3rd Annual Report - 2001,
IEEE CS TAB Meeting, Nov. 7-8, Denver, Colorado, USA.
- TFCC 4th Annual Report - 2002, IEEE CS TAB Meeting, USA.
- TFCC Highlights in 2003 Report to the TAB Chair
- Proposal for TC Status: Technical Committee on Clusters and Grids, IEEE CS TAB Meeting, USA. (PDF version)
- TFCC 5th Annual Report, IEEE CS TAB Meeting, USA.
- TFCC and TCSA Merger and Proposal for Creating a New TC on Scalable Computing (TCSC), IEEE CS TAB Meeting, June 10-11, 2004, Los Angles, USA. (PDF version)
- TCSC Approval Message from TAB Chair